As is the province of Ontario's wont, they change the rules as they go.
In the original reopening strategy the province set goalmarkers on vaccinations to trigger our jump to a new level of lessened restrictions; but at a minimum each step should be spaced out by the minimum of 21 days.
When we were in Step 1 and met the guidelines for being able to jump to step 2, they actually allowed it 2 days early (gotta have our Canada Day party, y'all); so from June 30, add 21 days and you'd be at July 21.
Well, we'd already met the requirements for vaccinations a while back, so they're just letting us jump on over to Step 3 by a whole 5 days early!
What does Step 3 allow? A whole lot more.
- Outdoor gatherings of up to 100 people
- Indoor gatherings of up to 25 people
- Indoor dining with NO LIMITS (including buffets, but I may still wait a bit personally)
- Retail is just limited to ensuring physical distancing
- Gyms are back with some limitations
- All personal care
- Movie theatres and concert halls