The requirement for some indoor settings to have proof of vaccination for individuals starts September 22nd. The Ontario Restaurant, Hotel & Motel Association has provided some resources for business owners as they navigate this new step:
Asking For Proof of COVID-19 Vaccines
Beginning tomorrow, September 22, 2021, Ontarian's will be required to show proof of a COVID-19 vaccination (two doses plus 14 day waiting period after second shot) as well as proof of identity at a number of indoor settings:
· Restaurants and bars (excluding outdoor patios, as well as delivery and takeout);
· Nightclubs (including outdoor areas of the establishment);
· Meeting and event spaces, such as banquet halls and conference/convention centres;
· Facilities used for sports and fitness activities and personal fitness training, such as gyms, fitness and recreational facilities with the exception of youth recreational sport; v
· NEW: Indoor areas of waterparks
· Sporting events;
· Casinos, bingo halls and gaming establishments;
· Concerts, music festivals, theatres and cinemas;
· Strip clubs, bathhouses and sex clubs;
Racing venues (e.g., horse racing)
Let Your Guests Know What To Expect:
Proof of Vaccination Poster:
As a business owner of any of the above businesses, your guests should know what to expect prior to entering your business.
Proof of vaccination can be in the form of a PDF document via smartphone or a printed receipt given to your guest at the time of vaccination until the government rolls out their digital vaccination certificate system.
The following poster has been made available for operators to print and display so guests are aware of their requirements before entering your business.
Download a poster here